I had Mohs surgery three days ago.

I know how scary this experience can be and I wanted to share my story to help others.

Please read in reverse order as I can't figure out how to post the oldest first.

If you have any questions or comments, you can reach me at coelacanth17@gmail.com.

I'd love to hear from you.

Wishing you the best.

Friday, May 14, 2010

PART 3: The Wait

During the wait, I decided to try to remain as calm as possible. I thought of the other times that I had gotten worked up about something, only to realize that I had expended energy and fear for nothing, and was worn out about nothing. I remained positive. I laughed a lot. I also thought about my diet. I ate vegetables and protein, cut down on sugar and baked goods, took vitamins and exercised. Had no alcohol, no aspirin or Excedrin.

I like to make a protein shake in the morning, with high quality chocolate protein powder, a scoop of Isagenix shake, Ionix Supreme and Cleanse for Life (also from Isagenix), flax seeds, a banana, Greek yogurt, fiber, and cinnamon for blood sugar. I take Vitamin D and Resveratrol. I take a multi-vitamin every other day. This makes me feel good, full of energy. For lunch I would have a vegetable soup. I like to roast vegetables (cauliflower, eggplant, sweet potato, for example) and make my own soups. For dinner, perhaps some low fat cottage cheese with fruit.

The wait is never fun, and as the day approached, I felt anxiety creeping in. I pampered myself, using oils and perfumes. I smelled lavender oil whenever I could, and that seemed to help. I tried to go to sleep earlier than usual. I kept busy, reading and going out with friends. The support my friends gave me was wonderful. We went out to dinner and had a good time.

The night before the surgery, I took a long shower. I washed my hair and did not put any products in it. I scrubbed my face and left it clean, no products.

No comments:

Post a Comment